Fabian Hartery wrote:
<snip>

Still, for this file, importing the .max only left me with the component
placements and the board outline. Well... I created a PCB library at least,
but no traces, nor planes exist. This requires a surgery where the scalpel
is replaced by an axe (a.k.a. a gerber import route). I will look into this
some more.
<snip>

Strange. As I mentioned before, I used it as a transfer tool for some
old DOS pcbs only, but everything was imported. Even more - some entities
were multiplicated on different layers.
Perhaps looking closer at layer matching configuration could explain
something more.

If you really need/want gerber import then try to search the archives
for the description of a procedure - Mr. Lomax and others posted a lot
on this topic.
Having correct component placements would make the process a lot easier
than normally.

Wojciech Oborski