From: Emanuel Zimmermann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 3:07 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Controling placement of vias with the auto router

Alfonso,

I never tried it, but here's what I would do:

- In the Layer stack manager enable an additional routing layer
- In the Design rules "routing layers" disable this layer for routing
- Place on this same layer layer specific keepout fills (or polygons)  in
the non via regions

In my understanding this should do the trick, however please let me know
if it really works!

Emanuel

---
MPL AG                                   www.mpl.ch
Emanuel Zimmermann       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager R&D                       Phone: +41 56 483'34'34
Taefernstrasse 20               Fax:      +41 56 493'30'20

CH-5405 Daettwil
---

"Alfonso Baz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 15.07.2003 06:50:04:

> I’ve been trying to find a way to prevent the auto router from placing
> vias in certain regions but still allow it to run tracks through that
> same region.
>
> Placing a rectangle on the keep-out layer works but the router won’t run
> tracks through it either.
>
> In the DRC “Routing Layers” you  can define a region and then for that
> region allow only one layer. This will prevent a via being placed there
> in an attempt to get to the other side, even if you loose real-estate on
> one side, but the router doesn’t follow any “Routing layer” rules that
> define a region.
>
> I’m using Protel 99SE SP6
>
> Any feed back would be greatly appreciated
>
> Cheers
>
> Alfonso Baz

NzzirqNj rzzzjzrqu rzz~zj rzirq