Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
There are lots of version control systems around, but they don't,
generally, do issue management (or manage BOMs and assemblies etc).

Have a look under version control systems on sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/) for open source version control system by the
bucket full.  The link to the version control development projects is:
http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=52

This one does some neat tricks (check-in/out with right clicks in Explorer)
- it is a Win32 GUI for CVS (CVS is not known for its ease of use and has
spawned numerous front ends):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tortoisecvs/

>>snip

I already looked at sourceforge, its chock full of great sw.  I even looked
at tortoiseCVS, but couldn't see how to check out single files from a
directory.  they all want to check out the whole lot!  is it even possible?

I am looking at (www.IssueView.com) for ECO tracking etc, (thanks Jeff) it
looks great.

I don't need a BOM/Assembly tracker, our company database is used for that.

I guess all i need now, is a CVS system, that lets me check out single files
and a database to manage drawing numbers and pcb numbers. I'll probably end
up writing that myself.

As for DXP, I already use it!  We upgraded earlier this year, and i have to
admit that once you get used to it, it is better than 99SE.

BTW, on my searches i came accross this,
http://www.oasys-software.com/product/dm/columbus/
its free and is a very good document tracker, if you have docs spread across
servers etc.

Thanks

Rich