Frank,

The position you describe below is exactly (almost verbatum) the
position that I was taking in a previous post (Subject Thread = License
Legalities, beginning 9/4/03), where Mr. Lomax was trying to take yet a
different position, and I was here chiding him for what I preceived to
be a difference in his position, and where he now actually appears to be
trying to say that my position is less than legal or less than ethical.

I invite you to go back in the archive and read the other posts, where
he seems to think that "licensing" has nothing to do with it, but that
it all boils down to a matter of "copyright law", which he believes is
bogus anyway, and which to him means that it is alright in his eyes for
an employee to make a copy of his employers Protel CD ROM that may be
stored in the desk that he is assigned to sit at, whether he asks his
employer or not.

This was not a question of what the employer as the owner of the license
has a right to do (which includes allowing the employee install it on
his home computer if the employer so choses (I also originally pointed
out the "one person operating it at a time" limitation of the license in
the previous posts)), but a question of what the employee had the right
to do without even asking his employer.

I have not actually had the time ro respond to the last round in the

JaMi