Abd and Hamid

Ok, Protel 99 SE,

I had a little trouble following all of that at first, but actually got in there and
started playing around with the scope of the rule for Power Plane Connect Style, and
while I too had never before investigateed the full list allowed by the slider,
right there at the bottom is what I am looking for, which is "Region", and while it
takes a little bit of work to set it up, that is just what I was looking for.

This also appears to possibly be the answer to the "No Connect" situation I inquired
about in a parallel post, since I can set up special rule for "no-connect", although
the one thing that I was looking for there in the "scope", was the ability to apply
the rule directly to a single via, which appears to be the one thing that is not in
the list, although I guess that I could make a seperate via-specification that had a
very very slightly different sized pad, and place it where I wanted the my
"no-connect" via. It would have been nice to be able to just "select" a single via,
as it appears that you can do with pads.

Back to the Area question, the "Region" seems to be the answer. "Footprint" won't
work with a BGA, since most vias related to a BGA are actually free vias, which are
part of the fanout, and not the "Footprint".

Now the only question is can I do this in DXP?

Thanks,

JaMi