Terry,

Phillip Restall - [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a programmer but does not know
of an easy way to "Batch Move" the silkscreen data to the correct layer.

Here is the situation:
The IPC-7351 library has a silkscreen outline and an assembly outline. They
are two totally different outlines. The silkscreen is a fake outline and
does not represent the 1:1 scale component body. It represents the
component, but does not touch any pads or exposed copper. The Assembly
Drawing outline is an exact replica of the physical component and it may run
right over pads because it's just a drawing.

When we converted 9,000 library parts from PADS to Protel everything went
smooth except the translator merged the Assembly Outline and the Silkscreen
outline to the same layer in Protel. That was the stock PADS to Protel
translator provided by Altium. Now we have to manually edit each library
part to separate the two distinct outlines.

We can easily write programs that make global edits but we cannot think our
way out of this problem.

Help!

Tom

Tom Hausherr