From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 2:01 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Exporting to pdf or Orcad or PSpice

Trent Bates wrote:

>I am trying to export one of my schematics to a customer.  I am using
>Protel 99SE SP6.
>
>The customer would like it in a pdf format or an Orcad format (.DSN
>file or something of the sort) or something they could read from
>PSpice.  I tried saving one of my schematics as an Orcad .sch file but
>strange things happened and components went all over the place.  What
>is the best way to export the schematic.  Can Protel export to a pdf
>format?  I think that would be the easiest.  I can take screen shots
>but you end up loosing a lot of detail with screen shots.  If I took a
>screen shot of the whole schematic it would look pretty fuzzy when you
>zoomed in once it was in pdf format.  If I could export directly to pdf
I could keep the detail.

My system, although cumbersome, works.  I output to a PostScript file,
using a driver for one of the common color printers from HP, but causing
it to be saved to a file.  I then pull the file over to Linux and run it
through ps2pdf, to convert to pdf format.  I'm sure Adobe has a program
that will do this all in Windows.
(I run Win 2K as a "guest" OS under VMware, with Linux as the "host"
OS.)

Jon