Please follow up to the group as to how you resolve this problem.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

Bob Stephens

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 10:55 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] DXP and FPGAs

We have DXP with all of the options except IP processors, including fpga
support, but no Nanoboard.  My need is to build simple logic block
replacement fpgas, and insert them into pcb designs.  The current fpga is
an Altera EPM3128A.

Made it through the schematic and pcb phases, including a schematic of the
fpga functions.

I was under the impression that at this point DXP would use the fpga
schematic to generate a VHDL file that I could compile with the appropriate
Altera software.  When I go to Tools>Convert>Generate VHDL From Part,
andclick on thefpga symbol in the schematic, it generates a VHDL file with
only entries for the control signal pins.

My call to phone support ended with the explanation that the user is
supposed to fill in the details of the logic in this VHDL file and compile
it manually.

The examples in the manual (using the Nanoboard) certainly indicate that
there is some sort of automatic file and compilation going on.  Am I
missing more than just the physical Nanoboard, like additional software?

If DXP won't generate the VHDL file from the fpga schematic, what is the
point of generating it in the first place?  It seems that I could just
start with the Altera software.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Stan

L-Band Systems