On 13/10/10 22:54, Eric Niebler wrote:
- constant can mix with any other EDSL
Make them terminals in no particular domain (proto::default_domain).

Check
Define a SIMD domain with no super-domain.

I thought domain with no super-domain ended up in default_domain ?

This sounds like you want a type system for an EDSL. Proto can't do that
in its current incarnation. The hackish solution is to let everything
combine with everything, capture the above rules in a Proto grammar and
assert at the point of expression evaluation that the expression
conforms to the grammar. Type-checking sub-expressions sometimes
requires writing transforms. It's tricky.

hmmm ok. I'll play and tinker with this.