On 10/16/2010 11:42 AM, Eric Niebler wrote:
On 10/16/2010 7:51 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
Please distribute.
------------------

5TH ANNUAL BOOST CONFERENCE 2011
Aspen CO, USA, May 15 - 20, 2011, www.boostcon.com

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
<snip>

IMO, Phoenix3 is one of the most important Boost development over the
past year. There should unquestionably be a presentation at BoostCon
about it. I think I'll go, and would at the very least like to help. Is
anybody else going, and are they interested in collaborating?

There is obviously lots to talk about. Choosing a direction would be
tough, but I think it should focus the things that are new in v3 over
v2. I think an end-user-centric talk would be more valuable than a talk
about implementation details (despite how much fun it would be to give
such a talk). So I'm thinking about a talk on AST manipulation a-la
Scheme macros. There is evidence that there is already excitement about
this topic.[*] Thoughts?

[*] http://cplusplus-soup.com/2010/07/23/lisp-macro-capability-in-c/

I'll be in the front row!

I agree that a user-centric talk makes the most sense; however, if you are able to get multiple slots then a second talk about the wizardry would be wonderful. More precisely, talking about the design choices made and the implementation techniques utilized would be a an excellent segment for those who aspire to be more than users and wanting to expand their understanding and skills.

I was petitioning (for selfish purposes) last year for a session that looked under the hood of a library and discussed the design, implementation and tricks of the trade. Alas, I was unable (even with bribery of homemade chocolate chip cookies and free pizza) to find someone knowledgeable enough who could pull off the task and willing to sign up.

Two years back we had a number of "author's corner" sessions which were wonderful. But at 45-minutes they mostly left me wanting to know more about some of the implementation details.

Take care -
michael