On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Travis Pouarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This first one reveals a disagreement about whether a directory name
> should be followed by a slash:
>
> [ RUN      ] CommandLineInterfaceTest.OutputDirectoryIsFileError
> google/protobuf/compiler/command_line_interface_unittest.cc:411:
> Failure
> Value of: printer.failed()
>  Actual: true
> Expected: false
> google/protobuf/compiler/command_line_interface_unittest.cc:328:
> Failure
> Value of: expected_substring
>  Actual: "foo.proto/: Not a directory"
> Expected: a substring of error_text_
> Which is: "output.test.foo.proto: Not a directory
> "
> [  FAILED  ] CommandLineInterfaceTest.OutputDirectoryIsFileError

The test creates a file called "foo.proto" and then attempts to access
"foo.proto/", which should fail because the trailing slash implies that a
directory is expected.  I guess your platform just ignores the trailing
slash.  This isn't a big deal, since it just means protoc's errors might be
a bit less helpful than they should be.  I suppose you could #ifdef out the
test on your platform with a comment saying it doesn't work correctly due to
an OS bug but we don't care that much.

> Here's another failure, though the nature of the failure (and what the
> malfunction might affect) isn't so obvious:
>
> [ RUN      ] DiskSourceTreeTest.MapDirectory
> google/protobuf/compiler/importer_unittest.cc:362: Failure
> Value of: input == NULL
>  Actual: false
> Expected: true
> [  FAILED  ] DiskSourceTreeTest.MapDirectory

Not enough info.  Can you change line 362 from:
  EXPECT_TRUE(input == NULL);
to:
  EXPECT_TRUE(input == NULL) << "Expected file not found: " << filename;
then run again?  This should tell us exactly which file is being found when
it shouldn't be.