Cygwin allows you to specify paths like "C:\".  For example, try this
command:
  ls 'C:\'

At least, for me, this lists the root of the C drive.  It looks like the
test failed because you do not have permission to access C:\ on your
machine.  Is this possible?  You can probably ignore this failure.

The sparc failure is still mysterious to me.  Unfortunately I don't have a
sparc machine on which I can debug it.  :(