Hi all,
I finally got time to install Fedora 9 and track down the bug that causes
protoc v2.0.2 to crash on that platform.  I've submitted a fix to SVN (rev
70).  The underlying problem is actually a compiler bug in GCC 4.3.0,
although arguably the code in question was not as robust as it could have
been.

Amusingly, our compiler people actually noticed this problem when we
upgraded to GCC 4.3.0 internally, but their solution was to fix the
compiler.  :)