On Apr 21, 11:42 am, Wink Saville <w...@google.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'll do this too:) But could you give me some insight on how you
> use the enum descriptor, maybe I'm missing something. All I want to
> do is have a "structure" defined and be able to serialize and deserialize
> that structure. That's what I think the minimum protobuf-lite is, but
> again, maybe I'm totally missing something.

We don't use it, essentially.  We provide it mostly because protobuf
itself provides an equivalent, and it seems useful (as I mentioned for
printing/parsing and for language-bindings).

For most users the space wasted by this structure is pretty slight, so
I think it's useful enough to keep in by default (I'm extremely
reluctant to break compatibility at this point).