I'm using a memory leak detection tool (ms crtdbg).  It runs at the
end of the program (after main has exited), and is reporting 7 40byte
leaks, each of which corresponds to a new call in GoogleOnceType,
they're each one of these two:

GoogleOnceType::GoogleOnceType() {
  // internal_ may be non-NULL if Init() was already called.
  if (internal_ == NULL) internal_ = new

void GoogleOnceType::Init(void (*init_func)()) {
  // internal_ may be NULL if we're still in dynamic initialization
and the
  // constructor has not been called yet.  As mentioned in once.h, we
assume
  // that the program is still single-threaded at this time, and
therefore it
  // should be safe to initialize internal_ like so.
  if (internal_ == NULL) internal_ = new GoogleOnceInternal;

  EnterCriticalSection(&internal_->critical_section);
  if (!initialized_) {
    init_func();
    initialized_ = true;
  }
  LeaveCriticalSection(&internal_->critical_section);
}

I *am* calling google::protobuf::ShutdownProtobufLibrary(); at the end
of my Main routine (i.e. before the memory leak detection is done).

Are these real leaks? Is there any way I can avoid seeing them as
leaks (it'd be nice to have 0 leaks... :)

- Alex