On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:12 AM, bart van deenen
<bart.vandee...@gmail.com>wrote:

> However, when I try to build my application with -L"path/to/
> libprotobuf.a" I get hundreds of linker errors, complaining about
> undefined references to any of the google protocol functions.

You need to use:

  -Lpath/to/lib/dir -lprotobuf

The -L flag adds a directory which will be searched for libraries, whereas
the -l flag says to link against a particular library.  The compiler
automatically prefixes the library name with "lib" and suffixes it with
".a".

Note that I test every release on MinGW.  You can use MSYS to invoke the
included configure script and makefiles, to build it just like you would on
any Unix system.