On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Henner Zeller <h.zel...@acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> haven't run the example yet, just a quick look (however, it is a bit
> more than a stripped example of the problem ;) )
>
> You have some constants strayed in such as
>          size_t len = msg.GetCachedSize() + 6;
> why that ?
>
> -h

Don't bother...I just realized my problem.  It seems I don't know how to use
std::iostream properly.  operator<< and operator>> format the data as text,
even in binary mode.  Replacing << and >> with read() and write() gave me
the desired result :)

I'm used to how the stream classes behave in other libraries, but I should
know better.