Hi,

As seen from the below wire types table from protobuf documentation, if i
try to extract a value from a protobuf that is of type 2, it could either be
a string, byte array or a embedded message etc, If I cast the value as bytes
or string on the decoding side, while on the encoding side it was actually
an embedded message, what would this result in? Will I be able to retrieve
the actual value, someway or the other doing it this way?

The available wire types are as follows:
 Type Meaning Used For 0 Varint int32, int64, uint32, uint64, sint32,
sint64, bool, enum 1 64-bit fixed64, sfixed64, double 2
Length-delimitedstring, bytes, embedded messages, packed repeated
fields3Start groupgroups (deprecated)4End groupgroups
(deprecated)532-bitfixed32, sfixed32, float
Regards,
Rahul Prasad