Hi guys,

    I am trying to compiler protocol buffer on AIX with xlC++
compiler.  I tried this one last year but I didn't have much success.
Now I am revisiting it . I saw that there is support for
unordered_map & unordered_set in protocol buffer in HP-UX. I want to
extend it to AIX. But I am having following issue as xlC compiler
could not take --version as option but -qVersion as version option.
Could you please suggest some solution to fix this?

>From config log
configure:2303: checking for C compiler version
configure:2306: xlc_r --version </dev/null >&5
xlc_r: 1501-216 (W) command option --version is not recognized -
passed to ld

Thanks & Regards,

Vikram