Hi,

This is the discussion group for protocol buffers itself, not any particular
RPC system based on them.  It looks like protobuf-socket-rpc has its own
discussion group which may be the right place for your question.

Incidentally, what you described is fully supported in an RPC system I'm
(occasionally) working on in my spare time:
  http://capnproto.googlecode.com

However, it's still in the pretty early stages of development.