You need to edit the project settings to tell it to actually link in
libprotobuf.lib.  Simply putting it in a particular directory is not enough.
 Please consult the MSVC docs.

You don't need libprotobuf-lite.lib (unless you're using optimize_for =
LITE_RUNTIME) or libprotoc.lib (unless you're writing a code generator).