I'm reading messages from a socket, so I send the size of the message
and then the message. The reader reads the size, then pushes a limit
on the coded input stream, reads the message and then pops the limit.
Doing this causes me to run into the maximum number of bytes read on a
coded input stream. I found that in the Java API I can reset this
counter with resetSizeCounter(). I see no parallel method in the C++
API, why not?

I know that I could create a new coded input stream for each message,
but this seems rather wasteful and slow compared with just resetting a
counter.