See
http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/techniques.html#streaming

Your solution of trying to parse after each byte received is not just slow,
it's completely incorrect.  It's entirely possible, and quite likely, that
if you break the encoded version of a message in half, each half will parse
successfully on its own, but the contents of the message will be incorrect.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel <js.stoe...@gmail.com