On Oct 21, 2010, at 1:21 , Kevin wrote:
Basically, the code that receives the data will wait until the stream
is closed before reading the data.  I thought that flushing the data
would cause the data to be sent but that apparently has no effect.  Is
this my implementation or a problem with using the writeTo
function?

The flush *should* be causing the data to be sent. The problem is on the reader side: the default read methods read until the end of the stream. You'll need to prepend a length. You may want to use parseDelimited(). See the following document, or search the archives for many conversations about this. Hope this helps,

Evan

http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/techniques.html#streaming

--
Evan Jones