You need to use the field descriptor for the field you want to look
at.

You can get ahold of the field descriptor by using "findFieldByName"
or "findFieldByNumber"
FieldDescriptor myFieldDescriptor =
MyProtoFileClass.MyMessage.getDescriptor().findFieldByNumber(MyProtoFileClass.MyMessage.MYFIELD_FIELD_NUMBER);

(anybody know a better way to get field descriptors?)

Object myExtensionValue =
myFieldDescriptor.getOptions().getField(MyProtoFileClass.myfieldoption.getDescriptor());