I actually have 3 questions.

1.When we specify default values for optional fields,the default value
gets assigned automatically when we ourselves dont assign it a value.
But why doesnt the has_member field get set to 1??? It still remains
zero.

2.Can we not specify default values for repeated fields too??? The
protoc-c compiler throws an error.

3. In nested submessages, we have to call the INIT function for each
of the submessages manually. Why doesnt the calling of the INIT
function for the main message recursively call the INIT functions of
the nested messages??? This becomes tedious when we have numerous
nested messages.

Please let me know the solutions of these problems as soon as
possible....

Thanks.