Comment #2 on issue 296 by george.c...@gmail.com: Deploy protobuf-java 2.4.1 JAR to Maven Repository

protobuf 2.4.1 came out at the end of April. Is there an issue with the Java package that's holding up a corresponding Maven release? I would have presumed Java (and Maven, however much I personally dislike it) were important enough that keeping the Maven releases in sync version-number-wise with the main protobuf releases would be viewed as something worth while? Even if the plan is to let the version numbers diverge (which would be quite confusing) the current protobuf-java version, i.e. 2.4.0a, implies it's an alpha. Even if there are no actual code changes to be released maybe it's worth bumping the version number just to give that warm non-alpha feel to the thing.