Comment #3 on issue 302 by fac2...@gmail.com: Skip(count) fails when count offset >2^32 count type should be off_t, not int

The issue is not about large messages, but about large files. We use collections of small messages stored in large files (see http://campagnelab.org/software/goby/tutorials/developing-with-goby/). Please reconsider the issue considering that:

1. the current C++ API is in effect incompatible with the Java API, that has always supported skipping 64 bits offsets in large files.
2. the issue is not about supporting large messages.
3. we have provided a patch that solves the problem (see post of June 6 2011). As can be shown in the patch, the issue is limited to changing a few signatures to prevent the compiler from rounding a 64 bit integer to a 32bit one.

Thanks.