Comment #1 on issue 324 by ask...@gmail.com: Feature: Add a new primitive type for a DateTime format

I think adding a binary datetime type, especially based on the aging and awful C conventions, is a terrible idea. It's just not adequate for a host of time representations. Moreover, I don't how it will save the bug filer any work whatsoever, since not all of his target formats use the same date/time representation anyway. XML "uses" RFC3339 strings, and JSON uses whatever the author wants (though RFC3339 is common).