I'm trying to develop a framework for accessing a mysql database, by
automatically generating a .proto file from the tables, with full
support for foreign key relationships, and I use extensions to the
FieldOptions message type to tag the various fields with the relevant
foreign key reference information.  the trouble I'm having is that I
can't seem to access the extended field options on the fields in my
message types.  I need to store table and column names in those field
options, and I need to be able to read those values for querying the
database to load data into objects.  I can get the built-in options
through the FieldDescriptor::options() method, but there's always a
uninterpreted option 999 at the end, and despite my best efforts, I
cannot find a way to read the custom field options from my messages.

how can I get to this data?