Int32 and such will see endianness issues when exchanging messages in-between
cross-endian platforms hence only byte type suffices.

On how we achieve fixed length string support once byte type is supported -
Just create a message with specific number of byte elements and can name it
like fixed8String instead. Accessors can be added via simple plugin that uses
protoc insert point.

Regards,
Sumit Kumar