On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Predator33 <predator...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only thing I could think of is maybe the protobuf stream doesn't flush
> itself out until the destructor is hit and since that never happens until
> after the fact, it never gets flushed?

Yes, this will be what is happening. Arrange for the OstreamOutputStream to
be destroyed before you try to use its output (e.g. wrap that declaration
in another level of nesting)

Is there some reason why you're using stringstream + OstreamOutputStream,
rather than just using StringOutputStream?

Oliver