The number of entries in the header is the correct number. The print outs
of the byte offsets when encoding and when parsing are the exact same. The
parsing from the CodedInputStream doesn't fail. I'm at a loss as to what I
can do here. For the time being, I can work around my problem by doing the
"standard" approach of reading all messages from the file and putting the
message size before each message, but I would prefer to be able to (and I
don't see why I can't) parse via a known byte offset into the file.