Hi there!

We've just released an open source library for inspecting and building
protocol buffers to be used in Cucumber scenarios.

Check it out here:

https://github.com/connamara/protobuf_spec

We think this would be a great addition to the Third-Party Add-Ons wiki
(https://code.google.com/p/protobuf/wiki/ThirdPartyAddOns).

Our company, Connamara Systems, is positioned in the Financial Technology
space to deliver made-to-measure software using agile and test driven
development methodologies.  A lot of that software depends on protocol
buffers, and we make heavy use of Cucumber for our acceptance testing.
 protobuf_spec leverages ruby-protobuf
(https://github.com/macks/ruby-protobuf) the very nifty json_spec
(https://github.com/collectiveidea/json_spec) library for exploring
protocol buffers with an easy to use path syntax.  The library has been
hardened by many development cycles that are now in production.

If you use BDD and protocol buffers, protobuf_spec could be for you.
Contributions are encouraged!

Chris Busbey

Connamara Systems, llc
www.connamara.com