Thanks Feng.

On one hand I'm happy that Protobuf will support Python 3, on the other
hand having to wait until October-December 2014 will mean that I'll have to
start my project using Python 2, and I'd really like to start it with
Python 3.

Maybe there's a pure-Python implementation of protobuf that'll work in
Python 3? I'm willing to sacrifice speed temporarily just to be able to use
protobuf in Python 3.