Not sure what is being asked, but simply having a

bytes foo = 1;

will cause the presence of the field, the length of the field, and the
contents of the field to be encoded into the resulting binary

However enforcing maximum lengths/other data validation is up to the
application layer, not the serialization layer. At least with the way
protobufs are designed.