Perhaps you misunderstood... the two are actually identical. They're
just printed differently. I merely provided the steps to demonstrate
the fact that they were, in fact, identical.

There might be a way to force the text formatter to not escape
non-ascii characters (although I don't see that off-hand anywhere),
but what's printed by the text formatter shouldn't matter for
communications -- you should be using the binary format. The text
format is just there for debug purposes.

  -ilia