Hey all; I've been doing some work with protobuf-net lately to bring it up
to date with proto3, "timestamp", and all those things. As part of that,
I've been reworking my entire code-gen pipeline, with the result that I
accidentally wrote an interactive online editor while I was avoiding
writing "msbuild" tooling support.

So; if it is any use to anyone, this site works (at least, it does
today): https://protogen.marcgravell.com/

Current features / restrictions:

- supports protobuf-net's custom parser / generator, or any of the inbuilt
"protoc" 3.3.0 languages
- single file in, single file out only (I need to switch to a tabbed
editor, I think)
- import is disabled (I was nervous about abusing "import" to access system
files)
- syntax highlighting for warnings and errors (don't get the full token via
"protoc" currently, but... meh)

It will continue to evolve, but any feedback (good or bad) is appreciated.

I'm also OK with adding any well-known 3rd party plugins as long as they
use the protoc plugin API and run on Windows; theoretically I *could* move
the server to linux (it is asp.net core), but I haven't tested that!

Cheers;

Marc (protobuf-net)