This is protobuf-net, so I suppose I should chime in :)

Can you please give a precise copy of the error message? And how did you
reference the library? Did you just add the NuGet package as normal? Or did
you do something more exotic? .NET libraries are almost usually distributed
as compiled assemblies - not as source code, so there is no reason for it
to be looking for TypeModel.cs - a source file. To understand the problem,
I'd need to see the actual error message.

No, this isn't expected.