Thanks Adam, I had further investigation, the original post of error was
not correct, it was not the problems of length, the file length was
correct, but the file was corrupted, there were some junk characters like
"^@^@^@^L^B^@^B^P^D^H<80><9b>^F^P]^X<80><9b>^F" inserted to the middle of
protobuf bytes / string and chopped off the connect string after
serialisation. I don't think there are any issues of coding and
serialisation / deserialisation in general, I have used the same code for
years without any issues until when the files increased to 17 KB, it
corrupted.

Thank you.