Can someone confirm for me that there's no way to return a message's memory
to the arena when you're done with it? I was expecting the arena to work
something like boost::pool where I can give memory back when I'm done with
it, but it appears that's not part of the API here.

My use case is a large number of messages with relatively short lifespans.
What happens is that the arena just grows in size until application exit,
which won't work. If there's another way to support this workflow without
all the heap traffic of the default implementation, I'd love to hear about
it.