When going from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 - a patch release -
`GOOGLE_PROTOBUF_MIN_LIBRARY_VERSION` was bumped from 3006000 to 3006001
[as seen
here](https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/commit/9e1286b949adc40b450a0097c6ffd4dd491506c0#diff-cbd31ea2a5761cd281396b4277c36887)

(and this happens at other patch releases too but I'm interested in 3.6.1).

I think it should have remained at 3.6.0 for a patch release.  Surely
binary compatibility was maintained?  Why is it bumped up?

(And bonus question: If I just stomp on that value in `common.h` with
`3006000` I'm not going to run into any problems, right?  I'm only
interested in a C++/Linux environment, and having checked the [3.6.0->3.6.1
diff](https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/compare/v3.6.1...3.6.x)
the only things which is problematic to my (inexperienced) eyes are the
additional symbol exports from `io/gzip_stream.h` and `repeated_field.h` -
but I don't see that the C++ generated code would have changed to reference
those symbols...)

(This is causing problems where we're delivering a plugin - compiled
against protobuf 3.6.1 - to a product which is compiled against 3.6.0 and
thus the protobuf shared library is 3.6.0 and the version check fails.  But
any 3.6.x should work.)

-- David

P.S. This is my first question here - and I'm "double-posting" with an
issue too (https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/issues/5895) and I'm
not sure if this is correct.  Please let me know.