I am using protocol buffer in C++ and I notice that if I use an old
protocol buffer generated code and parse a new protocol buffer file, it
will crash.

Is there any way to partial parse the file like just ignore the
unrecognized structure in my new file and get the supported total file?

For example, If I support new layer in caffe model, can I parse the caffe
model without compiling my code and get all the supported layer in my old
code?

I have read the protobuf api and find ParsePartialFromIstream function, but
it still don't work.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/protobuf/f65a1540-da98-4813-b012-afad4f665841%40googlegroups.com.