Rafi,

>From what I understand there are two ways to use SSL/TLS with AMQP 1.0

a) A secure connection is established right off the bat.

b) A regular tcp connection is established and then based on the AMQP
header (with a protocol id of 2) you start encrypting the packets that
follow.

The first option seems fairly straightforward. For the second,

1.  Once we get the AMQP header indicating we need to use TLS, should
we expect the SASL header to follow ?
2.  If we have TLS connection, is SASL authentication optional ?

Additionally can the peers chose to use SASL encryption? If so how do
we figure that out?
I didn't find that information under "Book 5 : Security section "

Regards,

Rajith