Hi All,

There are a few folks who are keen to have AMQP 1.0 support for our JMS client.
Given that the parent AMQP TC is starting a bindings and mappings TC
which will cover JMS, I thought it would be a good idea to get a
discussion going on here as well.
We could aim to build the client as we progress through the TC and
provide feedback if necessary.

On the hand, we've had extensive discussions on building a new JMS
client from scratch when adding 1.0 support.
The primary motivation was to address some of the nagging issues
around the old client.

So far there have been two schools of thought on how to get AMQP 1.0 support.

1. JMS Client --> Qpid API --> Proton

2. JMS Client --> Proton

While option #1 seems like killing two birds with one stone, I think
we should seriously consider option #2 as well.

I would love to hear everybody's thoughts on this.
More importantly it's good if we could also discuss on a plan and set
some milestones to ensure we stay focused.

Personally I would love to see a reasonably working prototype by 0.22.
If we can get something going for 0.20 that would be a bonus, even if
it's just experimental (preferably on a branch) and Alpha quality.

I mentioned the above milestones to kick start the discussion and get
things rolling.
We could start on a branch and then move it to trunk during 0.22 if
everybody is satisfied with the progress.

Regards,

Rajith