> So, I'd be in favour of Hiram's proposal if ProtonJ and ProtonC reside in
> proton-api.jar.  This would be very easy to do, e.g.

I don't think ProtonJ and ProtonC should reside in the proton-api.jar
And I don't think thats what Hiram suggested either (pls correct me if I
have misunderstood).

Only the Proton interface and supported interfaces needs to be there in
proton-api.jar.
ProtonJ, ProtonC, or any other implementation will be in the respective
implementation jars.

Apart from testing, I doubt most people will want to switch between
implementations the way we have them now.
For most it would be an informed decision of choosing a particular
implementation after weighing the pros and cons of it.

Rajith