On 15 August 2013 09:46, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14.08.2013 22:04, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There's been a bunch of fixes now from RC1 testing, so I figured it's
> > about time to put out an RC2. You can find it here, please check it out:
> >
> > Source tarball:
> >   http://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.5rc2/
> > <http://people.apache.org/%7Erhs/qpid-proton-0.5rc2/>
>
> Just a small nit: infra frowns upon distributing releases from minotaur
> (i.e., people.apache.org). The SOP is to commit them to the dist
> repository, e.g.,
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/qpid-proton
>
> The benefit of doing that is that the releases get distributed to
> mirrors, and eventually end up on archive.apache.org.

This wasn't a GA release, I thought it was frowned upon to mirror such
things and that hosting them on minotaur (or the dev/test dist area) was
ok, as per http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#host-rc and previous
emails on the subject to commiters@ ?

> There are also ^/dev and ^/test trees there if you want to do
> pre-release testing.

These seem more appropriate in this case, and since it is the newer method
and the doc pages say this will eventually be required by infra (has
eventually now arrived, and it just hasn't been indicated recently?), I
agree it makes sense that we make the move now. More details at
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci