On May 14, 2014, at 1:36 PM, Rafael Schloming <r...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM, Clebert Suconic <csuco...@redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> I was just playing with possibilities and trying to find ways to improve
>> the API how things are done.
>>

>>> The interface is designed to
>>> operate in terms of chunks of message data rather than in terms of an
>>> entire message.
>>

>> That's one thing that I'm lacking control through the API actually.. which
>> I'm looking to improve.
>>

>> My application (hornetQ) has the ability to store messages on the disk and
>> send in chunks to the server.
>>
>> Using the current API, I would have to parse the entire message to Proton,
>> and have proton dealing with the chunks.
>>

> I'm not sure I follow this. The byte[] that you pass to send doesn't need
> to be a complete message.

I thought the Delivery had to be complete.
If that's not the case then ignore me :) I will research a bit more
here....something is probably missing for our large message implementation..
but let me reserach a bit more and I will come back on this when it's time.

I won't be sending the setPayload to be committed or work on fixing it to a
commit level... I will forget this one for now.. I just wanted to give a food
for thought that having the messages encoded directly could be a good idea.