On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 16:16 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 14:56 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> > On Fri, 2014-06-27 at 12:08 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> > > As part of QPID-619 [1]. The location of the developer script config.sh
> > > has changed from the source tree to the build tree.
> > >
> > > The runnable config.sh is now built by cmake as part of the tree
> > > configuration. This allows the script to set the correct variables
> > > without using fallible heuristics.
> > >
> > > If this trips anyone up. or you have questions, comments etc. reply here
> > > (and/or on the JIRA itself).
> > >
> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-619
> > >

> > A while back I added  tests/run.py, a python test runner that has
> > similar config data to config.sh. It will generate something like
> > config.sh if you do "run.py --sh.
>
> What's run.py used for if it's not used by the build system?

Sorry, didn't read your email carefully enough. I'm talking about
dispatch, not proton (doh!)

In case you are curious: run.py is a test runner but I also use it
stand-alone to run qdrouterd and the like instead of sourcing a script
like config.sh.

There are two ways to use run.py with an interactive shell:
run.py bash # Start a shell with the right env
run.py --sh > config.sh; source config.sh # Generate a unix-sh env
script

In principle this works on windows as well (except for the --sh thing)
but I haven't tried it. There's valgrind support also, not very well
tested.

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/qpid/dispatch/trunk/tests/run.py.in

Wow, svn.apache.org is slow today!