Yeah, jython's PYTHONPATH points to that directory - it has to in order to pick
up the python sources.

we really should clean that cproton.py up.  In fact, we probably shouldn't be
writing generated files anywhere in the source tree.  Everything should go
under the build directory where cmake is run.